Skip to main content

Dougherty County Courthouse

Item

Title

Dougherty County Courthouse

Description

Architecture Style: Modern, Courthouse Details: Dougherty County court was first held in rented rooms until the first courthouse was completed, by slave labor, in 1856. This courthouse was replaced in 1904 with a two-store brick building , which was destroyed by fire in 1966. In 1968, the city of Albany and Dougherty County built a shared government building and courthouse. By 1990, city and county governments had outgrown the courthouse building. In 1993, a new 5-story brick Albany-Doughtery County Government Center was built across the street to house the non-judicial agencies of city and county governments. The 1968 building became the Albany-Dougherty County Judicial Building and continues to serve as the Dougherty County courthouse.

Creator

Seibert, David

Date

1968

Format

image/jpeg

Source

Digital Library of Georgia

Spatial Coverage

United States, Georgia, Dougherty County, Albany, 31.57851, -84.15574

Subject

Courthouses--Georgia--Dougherty County
Courthouses--Georgia--Albany

Type

StillImage