Post Office and Federal Courtroom
Construction began on the federal post office in 1911 and was completed in 1912. The building was designed by James Knox Taylor, an architect from Philadelphia who at one time served as Supervising Architect of the United States Treasury. The post office was built on the site of a former circus grounds. The second floor served as a federal court until 2000, when it moved to the C.B. King U.S. Federal Courthouse, located at the intersection of Broad Avenue and Washington Street. It was here that many of the Albany Movement's civil rights battles were fought.